Saturday, December 27, 2008

Thank You, Jesus, for everything!!

"In everything give thanks." Sounds simple. Then why was I crying on my way up to the bus stop after I was simply made aware of something to give thanks for? My excuse was that it was too minor, too pathetic, or whatever to involve God in. How proud that sounds! Wow. My Father is aware of every sparrow that falls and knows the number of the hairs on my head. How could He not be concerned and want me to come to Him with everything in my life, especially the little things that seem unimportant?

Obviously they're not unimportant. Everything (even anxiety, obsessive eating, etc) that God has put in my life is important because God has put it there. It's that simple. God created everything in my life from my parents splitting up to the fact that caffeine makes me tense and anxious. That may seem like a big jump but in fact it isn't. The little detail are just as important as the big ones to God because He created them all. He put in place every little detail of our life long before we were born. He knows exactly what we need in every way all the time.

"God works everything together for good for those that love God and are called according to His purpose."

Anyway as I walked up the street crying I, finally, really, truly expressed faith in my heart. It wasn't just words. "I trust You. Thank You for ..." I really truly in my heart made the choice to thank Him for EVERYTHING, for that moment, and then the tears were no longer needed. Because I had reached up and grasped my Father's hand and looked into His eyes and said, "I trust you, Father, to take care of me and I thank You that You not only care for the heartaches but for the little hurts in my life."

Here's the rest of the first verse: "In EVERYTHING give thanks for this is the WILL of God in Christ Jesus concering you." If this is His will then I want to be there. Don't you?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I was just talking to my dad about the top three people that have passed away that I would want to meet. One of them is Jim Elliot... and there you have his quote! Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete