Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Walking with Jesus



It happens to everyone. You wake up in the morning and get started with your day: eat breakfast, get dressed, etc. But what is going through your head? Is it: I've got to get this and that done; I'm unhappy because I can't do this; I wish I could fit into this dress? Or is your main thought: "THANK YOU,JESUS! I have another day to spend with you! You have given me another day to live for you and shine your light in this world. No matter what happens today, I trust that You have planned it for my good."

Of course, it may be a combination of the two but the point is SO many people wake up focused ONLY on what's going on in their lives, how they feel, what they wish was different. As Christians, we have worries, frustrations and things we want to accomplish but we surrender ALL of it to Jesus. We can go through the day knowing that He has it under control. Even when we wake up and feel like crawling back under the covers and crying, Jesus is right there to take our hand and say, "Rejoice. For this is a new day that I have made. I will be by your side. In your weakness, I am strong. I will never leave you or forsake you."

So we can get up every day, rain or shine, happy or sad, and know that Jesus is with us. He is holding our hand. Whatever happens in this new day is perfectly known and planned by Him. We can face the day, holding His hand, and say "I will REJOICE IN THE LORD ALWAYS. AGAIN I SAY REJOICE!!!"

p.s. i just wanted to express how thankful I am to wake up and know that no matter where I am, what I'm feeling, or what MAY happen in the day, my best friend and Father will be there right by my side guiding each step.

2 comments:

  1. Thank God in all things for this is will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am humbled by your faith, and your love for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete